A look back at 2010 on Domain Name Wire.
2010 is drawing to a close, but lets not look forward without looking back. Here are the top 10 stories on Domain Name Wire in 2010 based on total page views.
1. .Co Domain Name is .Coming the headline may have been an understatement. .Co made headlines across the tech world this year, and will get a mainstream boost when Go Daddy features the extension in its upcoming Super Bowl commercial.
2. Bank of America Wants You to Know Its Executives Dont Suck I wrote this article just last week so it hasnt had much time to rack of pageviews. But thanks to mentions in The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, and many others, this article lands at #2 for the year.
3. GoDaddy Replaces .Com with .Co, Now Default Choice more .co news. This replacement lasted about 24 hours, but created lots of buzz.
4. Confirmed: Facebook Acquires FB.com Domain Name you can now visit the worlds largest social network at FB.com. But the company still hasnt settled a dispute with American Farm Bureau over Facebooks FB trademark application.
5. ICANN Moves Forward on .XXX unfortunately for ICM Registry, I could have continued using this same headline after each ICANN board meeting.
6. Original Registrant of CamRoulette.com Sued one of the most bizarre domain name sales of the year.
7. How to Maximize Chances of Getting .Co Domains, and at Lowest Prices a lot of people maximized their chances.
8. Google to Treat .Co as International Domain Google lets site owners change international targeting of .co domain names.
9. Conroy Disses .XXX one of the guys behind a proposed Australian content blocking scheme comes out against the .xxx top level domain.
10. Is Sex.com Really the Worlds Most Valuable Domain Name? maybe not, but it is worth $13 million.
- Top Domain Name Wire Stories of July 2010
- Top Domain Name Wire Stories of February 2010
- Top 5 Domain Name Wire Stories of October 2010